Superhero (Former Supervillian) Member of the League of Heroes
Blue Tornado (real name Richard Kennedy) is a superhero with weather-based powers and a recurring character in the Disney XD television series on Mighty Med. He was one of the superheroes brainwashed by the Annihilator when his powers were corrupted. Blue Tornado also appears to be friends with Tecton, a fellow superhero and was the first superhero Kaz ever saw in real life, which lead him and Oliver to Mighty Med hospital.
After The Annihilator's death, his powers were restored to normal and he along with other superheroes turned good.
Blue Tornado is depicted as a tall man in a blue costume with a tornado. When he is in civilian disguise, he has a brown trench coat with a black fedora. He, according to Kaz, has a scar and wispy beard. He was seen spinning into a vortex when being treated at the hospital in Saving the People Who Save People. In Mighty Mole, Blue Tornado was turned evil by Skylar.
Blue Tornado, as Richard Kennedy, was first seen in Saving the People Who Save People going into the janitor's closet to go to Mighty Med at the Memorial Hospital, where Kaz noticed him and followed him. It was confirmed he was Blue Tornado when he took off his coat and hat.
He was turned evil by Skylar in Mighty Mole.
In Storm's End, he joined evil Tecton on a mission given to them by The Annihilator to destroy Caduceo, and the only way to do that is with The Mirror of Zalcanikus. The two got into street clothes, and separated. Tecton went for the mirror, and Richard Kennedy went to go search for Caduceo's whereabouts. He was turned good again after The Annihilator died.
Blue Tornado, even as Richard Kennedy, is a silent man who does not show emotion or hardly speaks, as confirmed to Tecton that he does not talk much when he was explaining the Mirror of Zalcanikus's properties they needed to unmask and defeat Caduceo (really Horace Diaz)
- Atmokinesis - He has the power to control the weather even indoors. He most notably generates tornadoes, that given his name are blue with a variety of effects.
- Whirlwind Mimicry - With the power of weather, he can spin as fast as a tornado (he can spin at the speed of sound) to appear and disappear (achieving a form of teleportation), change into normal street clothes, and even generate natural weather phenomenons.
- Electrokinesis - With the power of weather, his electric shocks could knock a Nomo down and knock out super humans with a laser of strong enough lightning. He only shown this in Evil Gus. He is able to generate electricity like Surge, Megahertz, and Skylar
- Superhuman Strength - As shown in the Mighty Med opening, he high-fived Oliver across the room.
- Blue Tornado is a parody of DC Comic's Red Tornado or Marvel's Whirlwind.
- Blue Tornado has his own cereal named Blue Tornado-o's.
- Blue Tornado is seen as the superhero who is treated by Kaz and Oliver in the main theme song.
- He confirmed to Tecton that he doesn't talk much.
- He might have a crush on Solar Flare II. In fact, he complimented her looks in The Dirt on Kaz & Skylar, but she used her powers against him.
- His cutout in The Domain was destroyed by Wallace and Clyde.
- He is a mutant.
- Despite being a recurring character, he had no lines throughout the show.
- Saving the People Who Save People
- Evil Gus
- All That Kaz
- Fantasy League of Heroes
- Copy Kaz
- Two Writers Make a Wrong (Mentioned)
- How the Mighty Med Have Fallen
- Mighty Mole
- Storm's End
- Wallace and Clyde: A Grand Day Out
- New Kids Are the Docs
- Lab Rats vs. Mighty Med
- The Dirt on Kaz & Skylar (Mentioned)
- The Mother of All Villains
| The image gallery for Blue Tornado may be viewed here.